Robert E. Norton
Robert E. Norton graduated magna cum laude from the University of Alabama in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. Rob was a University of Alabama Presidential Scholar and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious academic honor society. Rob worked as a policy intern at the White House in the National Economic Council during the summer of 2001.
Rob received his Juris Doctor from The University of Alabama School of Law in 2007. While there, he was recognized as the most outstanding student in the study of Negotiations and one of the top legal researchers and writers in his class.
Mr. Norton is licensed to practice in Alabama and Georgia, and before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. For four consecutive years, Rob has been recognized by Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star attorney in Alabama and the Mid-South, a recognition awarded to fewer than 3% of the state’s attorneys under age 40.
Rob’s practice focuses on securities litigation, including FINRA arbitration claims of stockbroker fraud and neglect and brokerage firm misconduct, consumer class actions, and direct and derivative shareholder litigation. Since 2010, Rob has helped hundreds of investors from around the country recover losses caused by unsuitable and/or fraudulent investment recommendations.
Rob and his wife, Misti, have two young children and attend St. Mary’s on the Highlands Episcopal Church. Rob is a supporter of the arts, having served as president of the Alabama Symphony Orchestra junior board; he also enjoys golf, traveling, and reading.
- JD, The University of Alabama School of Law, 2007
- Top student in Negotiations
- BA, magna cum laude, The University of Alabama, 2002
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Scholar
- University Honors Program
- Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta, Lambda Sigma, and Golden Key honor societies
- Georgia, 2016
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2008
- Alabama, 2007
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South Rising Stars, 2016- present
- Super Lawyers, Alabama Rising Stars, 2014 & 2015