This list of questions relates to the purchase of mutual funds. It is important that you find out all of the information needed relating to the specific fund(s) you are looking to purchase. Risk, previous performance and fees are key topics to ask about when looking to invest in mutual funds.
- How has this fund performed over the long run?
- Where can I get an independent evaluation of this fund?
- What specific risks are associated with this fund?
- What types of securities does the fund hold?
- How often does the portfolio change?
- Does this mutual fund invest in any type of securities that could cause sudden and drastic changes to the fund’s value? (For example, derivatives?)
- How does the fund perform compared to other funds of the same type or to an index of the same type of investment?
- How much will the fund charge me when I buy shares?
- Is the fund portable? If I move my assets to another firm, will I be able to continue holding the fund or will I need to liquidate it?
- How many fund classes are available in this fund family? What is the difference between them?
If you have a legal question about an investment or think you have been the victim of investment fraud, please contact the attorneys at The Frankowski Firm at 888-741-7503 to discuss your potential legal remedies.